Android Phones for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition (RRP £10.99)
100 Top Tips - Create Great Photos Using Your Smartphone (RRP £5.99)
Buy both together for only £12.00!
See below for details of each book:
Android Phones for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition
By Nick Vandome
Publication: August 30th, 2019
About the book
Android is the mobile operating system that is used on the majority of smartphones worldwide. It is a robust and versatile operating system that can be used by any manufacturer to add to their handsets. This means that there is a wide range of Android phones available and also different versions of Android that run on them.
Android Phones for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition starts with a detailed look at the different versions of Android, and the range of models of phones that are available. It also explains the relationship with Google and the services that can be used with an Android phone.
The book looks at using the interface of an Android phone including:
- Using Home screens
- Organizing apps
- Viewing notifications
- Locking the phone
- Searching for items
- Accessing the range of Android settings
- Syncing with other Android Devices
The book also covers all aspects of the standard communication functions that are now commonplace on smartphones:
- Making and receiving calls
- Making video calls
- Sending text messages
- Adding contacts
- Sending emails
- Browsing the web
Android phones are excellent for a range of mobile entertainment, and the book shows how to listen to music, watch videos and read books. It also deals with taking and viewing photos so that you can use your Android phone as a replacement for a digital camera.
Due to the range of versions of Android and models of phones, Android phones can sometimes appear a bit of a maze. However, Android Phones for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition provides a clear guide to navigate through the issues and ensure that you can get the most out of your Android phone, whichever version it is.
By Nick Vandome
Publication: July 10th, 2019
Pages: 108 (notebook-style)
About the book
100 Top Tips – Create Great Photos Using Your Smartphone contains tips covering all aspects of capturing, displaying and sharing photos on your phone. These include:
- Finding and using your phone's camera settings so you can set up the camera exactly as you want
- Using basic techniques that can instantly help you capture stunning photos
- Looking at ways to improve the composition of your photos
- Utilizing lighting conditions to get the best photos
- Creating stunning portraits of family and friends
- Releasing your artistic side with a range of creative options
- Viewing buildings and architecture in a new way, to get the most effective photos
- Capturing iconic shots of famous landmarks
- Editing photos on your phone and also downloading them to a computer for more sophisticated editing to make them stand out from the crowd
- Making sure your photos are safely backed up for safe keeping and sharing them with family and friends
100 Top Tips – Create Great Photos Using Your Smartphone will help you to capture eye-catching photos of a variety of subjects and in a range of lighting conditions.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.