By Nick Vandome
Publication: June 5th, 2015
Size: 227 x 186 mm
New edition, Android Tablets for Seniors, 3rd edition coming soon!
About the book
Tablet computers are now a familiar sight on the digital landscape. They are powerful, portable and packed full of functionality for most computing tasks. Android is the operating system on a wide range of tablets and it is one of the major players in this market. This determines the tablet's user interface and also a lot of its functionality. The latest version of Android is 5.0 Lollipop and improves upon what is already the most widely used operating system for tablets.
Android Tablets for Seniors in easy steps:
- Looks at the range of devices available and their specifications and functionality
- Explains the Android operating system and how to use it on your tablet in terms of navigating around, performing all of your favourite tasks, getting online and turning your tablet into a mobile library and entertainment centre
- Focuses on the latest version of Android, 5.0 Lollipop, and shows the enhancements that have been made over previous versions, such as allowing guest users, viewing the latest notifications on your tablet and accessing quickly the settings that you use most often
Android Tablets for Seniors in easy steps will show you how to:
- Get up and running with the interactive, touch screen experience so that you can quickly find your way around with Android
- Use the Android settings to ensure that your tablet looks and works in exactly the way that you want
- Find your way around apps: the programs that give Android tablets their functionality - from using the preinstalled apps, to downloading and using the huge selection available from the Google Play Store, which is linked directly to Android tablets. It also shows how to get the best apps for popular activities such as travel, health and wellbeing, family history and online shopping
- Connect to the web via Wi-Fi, using email, making phone and video calls to family and friends with Skype and diving into the world of social networking
- Keep your tablet safe - security on tablets is just as important as on any other computer and this is covered in terms of preventing access to your tablet and staying safe online and when using your apps
Android Tablets for Seniors in easy steps gives you the confidence to enter the world of the tablet and get the most out of your device, using Android 5.0 Lollipop.
The book features the Google Nexus but is applicable to all tablets running the Android operating system. Presented in larger type for easier reading.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Reader reviews from Amazon
5 stars "Bought this for my Dad's 90th birthday. He got a tablet for Christmas and really wanted to know more about it. He loves this book."
5 stars "Highly satisfied. It is quite easy to follow so have found it very helpful."