Everything you need to know to get started with Facebook – the popular social media website.
Special launch price £7.99 (RRP £10.99)
Publication: September 8th, 2017
About the book
New to Facebook? Then this essential guide will prove to be the perfect introduction to the world's largest social media site. Covering Facebook's key features, including:
• Setting up an account and posting on Facebook, whilst maintaining your privacy and staying safe.
• Having fun perfecting and sharing photos and videos.
• Creating Facebook Groups and Pages, including your business or charity Page.
• Saving time by using Events to invite friends, and to organize your social life, in an instant.
• Buying and selling items using the no-fee Marketplace.
• Eliminating irrelevant adverts and annoying posts from your News Feed.
• Using the free messaging service, Messenger, to send private messages, and make phone and video calls.
• Learning about Facebook Live, and the television apps.
Even if you are a veteran Facebook user already, you're sure to learn something new with this jam-packed book.
Table of Contents:
- Introducing Facebook
- Setting up a new Facebook account
- Familiarise yourself with Facebook
- Creating your first Facebook posts
- Start using the Facebook app
- Working with Groups
- Working with Pages
- Using Facebook Messenger
- Create and join events
- Using photos and videos
- Buying and selling
- Tailoring the adverts
- Privacy and security
- Using third-party apps
About the author
David Crookes is a journalist who specialises in writing about technology and videogames. He began his career writing for Amstrad Action in 1994 and he has since written for The Independent newspaper, the London Evening Standard, ComputerActive, Web User, Micro Mart, Computing Made Easy, iCreate, games™, Retro Gamer and many, many more. He has also authored Cloud Computing In Easy Steps and Clever Stuff You Can Do Online To Make and Save Money In Easy Steps. In addition to his writing, he curated Videogame Nation, an exhibition celebrating the rise of gaming, which toured the United Kingdom.
Buy direct from us: