A handy guide for any Senior new to the iPad, covering all iPads with iOS 9 (iPad, iPad Pro, iPad Mini) and presented in larger type for easier reading.
Publication date: October 15th, 2015
About the book
The iPad is a tablet computer that is stylish, versatile and easy to use, and there is no reason why it should be the preserve of the younger generation. The range of models has been expanded over the years so that there are now different sizes to cover all mobile computing requirements.
iPad for Seniors in easy steps, 5th edition gives you all the essential information you need to know to make the most out of your iPad:
- Choose the right model for you
- Navigate around with Multitouch gestures
- Master Settings and apps to stay organized
- Find, download and explore exciting apps
- Use your iPad to make travelling stress-free
- Email, share photos and video chat for free
- Access and share your music, books and videos
- Locate family members and stay in touch
- Access your documents from anywhere
iPad for Seniors in easy steps, 5th edition is updated to cover the latest operating system, iOS 9, and its array of new features:
- Improved voice search with the enhanced digital personal assistant, Siri
- The exciting new Apple Music, which enables you to listen to a vast range of music and also the new Beats 1 radio service
- An innovative News app that can aggregate stories from a variety of sources so that you can get all of your news content in one place
- An enhanced Notes app that can be used to include photos, maps and also sketches drawn on the screen with your finger
- An update to the Maps app so that you can get transport information for where you want to go
- On some models of iPad there is a multitasking feature so that you can have two windows open on the same screen
- Apple Pay, the digital payment system from Apple, is now available in the UK in addition to the US
A handy guide for any Senior new to the iPad, covering iOS 9, presented in larger type for easier reading.
For all iPads with iOS 9, including iPad Mini and iPad Pro.
"I bought this for my elderly step father and he loves it. Highly recommended for all your technophobic oldies." Reader review from Amazon.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.