By Drew Provan
Publication date: October 31st, 2013
About the book
The iPad is a fun, functional and powerful tablet computer, and iPad in easy steps is written to help you navigate your way through its myriad features.
Learn how to:
- Optimize your settings so that your new device works exactly how you want it to
- Keep in touch using the iPad and have fun surfing the Web, and exploring apps for photos, music, videos, games and reading
- Utilize your iPad for work: get organized, sync with your main computer, get the latest news, run presentations and write documents
- Grasp the new Multitasking and Control Centre features to work faster on day-to-day tasks
- Speak to Siri to do things - no need to type!
Packed with tips and shortcuts, this primer will help you make the most of your iPad in easy steps.
Covers iOS 7, released September 18th, 2013.
About the author
Drew Provan is currently a senior lecturer at Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry. He's also a keen iPhone user. Drew enjoys writing and editing and has been involved with the production of a number of medical books. He also writes for GP Magazine, and have written pieces for other publications including Financial Times, Tesco Healthy Living, Readers Digest, and patient support group publications.
Drew uses technology extensively at home and at work, for creating music, reading, writing, databases and giving presentations. As an early adopter of the iPad he has almost stopped using his laptop and switched over to the iPad for most of his computing and multimedia needs.
"I know there is lots of online help to start using an ipad but you can't flick backwards and forwards on an ipad at the same time as trying to learn how to use it. This book is very clearly laid out and its level is aimed very accurately at the first time user. It still covers all the details that a non-power user would want. I can now confidently search the net, order online, store my photos, use facetime, send emails etc. Excellent book for the first time user." (from Amazon.co.uk)
"I cannot fault this book. Well laid out with each of the procedures carefully explained with hints along the way. I have found it an enormous help in getting used to my new iPad and making the most of the numerous functions available. Highly recommended!" (from Amazon.co.uk)
Buy direct from us: