All the information you need to get up and running with your new iPhone 6s or 6s Plus quickly. Covers iPhones with iOS 9.
Publication date: November 13th, 2015
ebook (PDF) version also available
About the book
In full colour and straightforward, jargon-free language, iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition gives you all the information you need to get up and running with your new iPhone 6s or 6s Plus, and quickly feel you are in control of it.
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition covers everything you need to know to keep fully connected. With your iPhone in your pocket you are only ever a couple of taps away from friends and family. Learn how to:
- Make and receive phone calls
- Text with the Messages app
- Make video calls with FaceTime
- Set up and use email accounts
- Use Settings to customize your iPhone exactly to your style and requirement
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition is updated to cover the latest operating system, iOS 9, and its array of new features:
- Improved voice search with the enhanced digital personal assistant, Siri
- The exciting new Apple Music, which enables you to listen to a vast range of music and also the new Beats 1 radio service
- An innovative News app that can aggregate stories from a variety of sources so that you can get all of your news content in one place
- An enhanced Notes app that can be used to include photos, maps and also sketches drawn on the screen with your finger
- An update to the Maps app so that you can get transport information for where you want to go
- On some models of iPhone there is a multitasking feature so that you can have two windows open on the same screen
- Apple Pay, the digital payment system from Apple, is now available in the UK in addition to the US
Apps are at the heart of the iPhone and iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition gives a comprehensive introduction to using the preinstalled apps. It then shows how to find and download apps from the Apple App Store for:
- Going on vacation
- Online shopping
- Social networking
- Music and videos
- Keeping up-to-date with everyday tasks, through the use of the Notes, Calendar, Contacts and Reminders apps
- Health and wellbeing, using the Health app that is designed to collate a range of health and fitness information
An in-depth chapter on iCloud, Apple's online storage, sharing and backup service, explains how iCloud works and shows how it can automatically store your data and share your photos so you don’t have to worry about losing information should anything happen to your iPhone.
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition takes the mystery out of using your iPhone and shows how it can become your most useful digital companion, ready to help keep you in touch, up-to-date and entertained.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Buy direct from us: