MacBook in easy steps, 6th edition
iPad for Seniors in easy steps, 7th edition
RRP £10.99 each - buy both books together for only £15.00!
See below for details about each book:
Publication: January 2018
About the book
The MacBook is one of the most iconic devices of its kind and continues to develop as a stylish and powerful laptop computer. The MacBook now comes with the latest Apple operating system, macOS High Sierra, bringing an increased range of features and functionality. MacBook in easy steps, now in its 6th edition, gives a full rundown about using a MacBook and making the most of macOS High Sierra:
- Demystifies Mac jargon and MacBook versions
- Explains the Dock, Desktop and the Finder
- Introduces the new Touch Bar (available on some models)
- Shows how to use Family Sharing with other family members
- Covers iCloud and the iCloud Drive for backing up and sharing files
- Details getting started with macOS High Sierra
- Covers new features of macOS High Sierra
- Shows how to customize your MacBook
- Demonstrates the Launchpad for viewing apps
- Reveals all about finding and obtaining apps
- Addresses battery issues and security
- Covers using MacBook for work and for leisure
MacBook in easy steps, 6th Edition also covers the new features in the macOS High Sierra operating system, which include:
- Internal enhancements designed to make your MacBook more responsive and efficient.
- An improved file system, designed to meet modern computing needs.
- An enhanced graphics processor for the best graphics on a MacBook yet.
- Support for a wide range of virtual reality options.
- Enhancements to exists apps, including Photos, Safari, Siri, Mail, FaceTime and Notes.
Use this guide to accelerate your learning and take control of your new MacBook!
Covers macOS High Sierra (OS X 10.13), released Autumn 2017.
Publication: October 18th, 2017
About the book
The iPad is a tablet computer that is stylish, versatile and easy to use, and is one of the most popular tablets used by all ages. The range of models has been expanded over the years so that there are now different sizes to cover all mobile computing requirements.
iPad for Seniors in easy steps, 7th edition gives you all the essential information you need to know to make the most out of your iPad:
- Choose the right model for you
- Navigate around with Multi-Touch gestures
- Master Settings and apps to stay organized
- Find, download and explore exciting apps
- Use your iPad to make travelling stress-free
- Email, share photos and video chat for free
- Access and share your music, books and videos
- Stay in touch with family members
- Access your documents from anywhere
iPad for Seniors in easy steps, 7th edition, is updated to cover the latest operating system, iOS 11, covering:
- The enhancements to the Dock
- The newly designed App Switcher and Control Center
- The improvements to multitasking to improve productivity, including Drag and Drop capabilities
- The new File app for organizing and accessing documents
- The newly designed virtual keyboard for streamlining text and data input
With iOS 11, the iPad goes from strength to strength, and iPad for Seniors in easy steps, 7th edition is the perfect companion to using this impressive tablet.
A handy guide for any Senior new to the iPad, covering iOS 11, presented in larger type for easier reading.
For all iPads with iOS 11, including iPad Mini and iPad Pro.