For Mac newbies, and those upgrading. Learn to use the Finder, personalize your Desktop, and use Siri to carry out tasks for you. Get to grips with the built-in apps, iCloud and Family Sharing – and more!
Publication: December 2019
About the book
macOS is the operating system at the heart of Mac computers. macOS in easy steps opens up by explaining the foundations of macOS: the Dock and the Finder. Then, it reveals a raft of ways in which you can make the most of macOS version 10.15:
- Multi-Touch navigation options for getting around in macOS.
- Working with and managing your apps.
- Productivity options on your Mac.
- Getting online with Safari, Mail, Messages and FaceTime.
- Managing your digital lifestyle for photos, music, video, books and games.
- The invaluable iCloud online function for backing up, sharing and continuing from different devices.
- Using Siri, Dynamic Desktop and Dark Mode to make things even easier.
- Keeping your Mac working smoothly.
There is also a chapter on troubleshooting and keeping macOS in tiptop shape.
Get more out of your Mac, Mac mini, Mac Pro or MacBook with minimum time and effort!
Table of Contents:
- Introducing macOS
- Getting Up and Running
- Navigating in macOS
- macOS Apps
- Getting Productive
- Internet and Email
- Digital Lifestyle
- Sharing macOS
- Maintaining macOS
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.