For Mac newbies, and those upgrading. Learn to use the Finder, personalize your Desktop, and use Siri to carry out tasks for you. Get to grips with the built-in apps, iCloud and Family Sharing – and more!
Publication: December 2017
About the book
macOS is the operating system at the heart of Mac computers. The latest version, macOS High Sierra, builds on some of the innovative functions and level of performance that were introduced with the previous version, macOS Sierra, to provide a stylish, effective and powerful operating system for your Mac desktop or laptop computer.
macOS High Sierra in easy steps opens up by explaining the foundations of macOS: the Dock and the Finder. Then, it reveals a raft of ways in which you can make the most of macOS High Sierra:
- Multi-Touch navigation options for getting around in macOS High Sierra.
- Working with and managing your apps.
- Productivity options on your Mac.
- Getting online with Safari, Mail, Messages and FaceTime.
- Managing your digital lifestyle for photos, music, video, books and games.
- The invaluable iCloud online function for backing up and sharing your files.
There is also a chapter on troubleshooting and keeping macOS High Sierra in tiptop shape.
macOS High Sierra in easy steps also covers the new features in the operating system, which include:
- Internal enhancements designed to make your Mac more responsive and efficient.
- An improved file system, designed to meet modern computing needs.
- An enhanced graphics processor for the best graphics on a Mac yet.
- Support for a wide range of virtual reality options.
- Enhancements to exists apps, including Photos, Safari, Siri, Mail, FaceTime and Notes
Whether you’re new to the Mac or just upgrading, use this book to master the essentials and then unleash the power of macOS High Sierra.
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.