Smartphone Photography in easy steps (RRP £10.99)
Photoshop Elements 2019 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps (RRP £11.99)
Buy both books together for only £15.99!
See below for details of each book:
About the book
Smartphone cameras have evolved from being useful for taking quick snapshots, to being powerful and sophisticated devices that, for many people, have replaced the need to use a separate camera. It is now possible to take high-quality photos, edit them and then share them in a variety of ways, all from your smartphone.
Smartphone Photography in easy steps looks at all aspects of using your smartphone or tablet as a one-stop shop for all of your photographic needs. These include:
- Showing the functions and controls of smartphone cameras, so that you get the most of the available options.
- Using basic techniques so that you can feel confident using your smartphone camera in any photographic situation.
- Showing how to get the best compositions for your photos.
- Looking at lighting conditions to help take your photos to the next level.
- Becoming a portrait expert when taking photos of family and friends.
- Getting the best photos of the environment around you, including buildings and landscapes.
- Looking at the range of photo editing apps that are available for editing photos on smartphones and tablets.
- Showing the basic editing tips to improve your photos in a few taps.
- Detailing the range of options for improving the exposure and colours in your photos.
- Using creative techniques to give your photos a sense of fun and style.
- Showing how to share your photos in a variety of ways, such as directly to social media sites, and also printing them out at home with wireless printing.
Smartphone Photography in easy steps reveals the exciting world of taking photos with your smartphone, and shows how to enhance them so that you can create memories of which you can be proud.
About the book
Photoshop Elements 2019 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts in easy steps not only offers a comprehensive guide to getting up and running with the software, but goes further: providing a wealth of detail in ways to progress to more advanced photo-editing and also find some of the hidden secrets of the software.
Although the book looks at some of the ways you can expand your photo-editing exploits, it does not forget new users or anyone who wants to brush up on the basics.
Areas covered include:
- Navigating around Elements and organizing images.
- Using Quick Wins for removing unwanted objects, and Guided edits to create special effects.
- Using Text and Drawing tools to add and edit text.
- Sharing your photos in a range of formats, such as photo books or cards, and on social media.
- Key features such as Auto Curate, Artistic Overlays, opening closed eyes, adding watercolor, and replacing backgrounds in your photos.
- New features including Auto Creations, Meme Maker, Multi-Photo Text, and Text and Border Overlay.
- Layered images, reducing camera shake or haze, removing imperfections, creating impressive text, removing red-eye, and more.
Photoshop Elements 2019 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts in easy steps has something for everyone: an in depth introduction for new users, and a range of options for those who want to take their photo-editing to the next level. Throughout, there are hundreds of tips and handy hints so that you will feel like an Elements expert in no time.
Covers versions for both PC and Mac users.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.