Windows 10 in easy steps, 2nd Edition - covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (RRP: £10.99)
Windows 10 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps 2nd Edition - covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (RRP: £10.99)
Buy both books together for only £15.00!
See below for details of each book:
Windows 10 in easy steps, 2nd Edition - covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
By Nick Vandome
Publication date: October 28th, 2016
About the book
Covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, released August 2016
Windows 10 in easy steps, 2nd Edition provides full-colour and comprehensive coverage of this new operating system from Microsoft, and shows how to get the most out of it, whether you are using a desktop computer or a mobile device. It details the new features and shows how these integrate with the more traditional elements of the operating system. It covers the new features, and includes:
- Upgrading to Windows 10 and personalising it for your needs
- Getting to grips with the Windows 10 interface, navigating with the Start menu, the Start button, and the Taskbar
- Customising the live tiles feature, so that you can create your own look and feel
- Accessing and downloading apps, and how to work with them and organise them
- Working with files and folders, using OneDrive for free storage and sharing files
- Using Cortana, the Personal Digital Assistant, to search your computer or the web, or to perform actions like opening apps or documents
- Getting online with the new browser, Microsoft Edge, and keeping in touch by email and Skype
- Perfecting photos, viewing movies, playing music and games
Windows 10 is one of the most significant upgrades in Microsoft's history and Windows 10 in easy steps, 2nd Edition is ideal for newbies and for those wanting to quickly grasp the essentials in the new version.
Covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, released August 2016.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Windows 10 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps, 2nd Edition - covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
By Mike McGrath
Publication date: October 6th, 2016
About the book
Oh, so that's how you do it! Over 1000 useful tricks of the trade to make Windows work more efficiently for you, all revealed in this book.
Windows 10 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps, 2nd Edition has been updated to cover the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (released August 2nd, 2016).
You will learn how to:
- Customize the interface to suit your needs
- Boost your PC’s performance with simple tweaks
- Quicken Startup and Shutdown times
- Save time by keeping your files organized
- Keep your hard drive lean
- Quickly repair Windows 10
- Give your PC a free tune-up
- Keep net browsing safe, private and efficient
- Keep tabs on other users’ activities
- Guard your PC against viruses and prying eyes
- Use a PC to build a home entertainment center
With keyboard shortcuts throughout to help you save time, this popular guide is a great investment for all Windows 10 users!
About the author
Mike McGrath now lives in South-east Europe, on the sun-kissed shores of the Aegean Sea. Mike gained his extensive knowledge of computer languages while working as a developer contracting to companies around the world. His interests include coins of ancient Greece, dining-out with friends, and the ongoing evolution of the world wide web.