Windows 10 in easy steps, 2nd Edition - covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (RRP: £10.99)
Windows 10 in easy steps - Special Edition, to venture further (RRP: £16.99)
Buy both books together for only £20.00!
See below for details of each book:
By Nick Vandome
Publication date: October 28th, 2016
About the book
Covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, released August 2016
Windows 10 in easy steps, 2nd Edition provides full-colour and comprehensive coverage of this new operating system from Microsoft, and shows how to get the most out of it, whether you are using a desktop computer or a mobile device. It details the new features and shows how these integrate with the more traditional elements of the operating system. It covers the new features, and includes:
- Upgrading to Windows 10 and personalising it for your needs
- Getting to grips with the Windows 10 interface, navigating with the Start menu, the Start button, and the Taskbar
- Customising the live tiles feature, so that you can create your own look and feel
- Accessing and downloading apps, and how to work with them and organise them
- Working with files and folders, using OneDrive for free storage and sharing files
- Using Cortana, the Personal Digital Assistant, to search your computer or the web, or to perform actions like opening apps or documents
- Getting online with the new browser, Microsoft Edge, and keeping in touch by email and Skype
- Perfecting photos, viewing movies, playing music and games
Windows 10 is one of the most significant upgrades in Microsoft's history and Windows 10 in easy steps, 2nd Edition is ideal for newbies and for those wanting to quickly grasp the essentials in the new version.
Covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, released August 2016.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
By Mike McGrath & Michael Price
Publication date: October 9th, 2015
About the book
Windows 10 in easy steps – Special Edition is a comprehensive, yet concise guide that will walk you through Windows 10 basics so that you're up and running in no time. Then, in easy steps, it'll gently guide you through advanced features to help you venture further and get more from Windows 10.
- Install/upgrade the right Windows 10 release for you
- Master the new interface, desktop and the Start menu
- Find, download and use key apps for work and for fun
- Utilize internet and cloud facilities such as OneDrive
- Enjoy Microsoft Edge, the new innovative web browser
- Take control of your devices and printers
- Save time – use the Search feature and Cortana
- Create and monitor your home network
- Organize and share your files safely
- Keep your Windows 10 working smoothly & efficiently
- Explore Windows Registry, file encryption, Command Prompt, and more, all at your own pace
This guide also includes a chapter on troubleshooting so it'll serve as a key reference point for the future – a great investment for all Windows 10 users!
About the author
Mike McGrath now lives in South-east Europe, on the sun-kissed shores of the Aegean Sea. Mike gained his extensive knowledge of computer languages while working as a developer contracting to companies around the world. His interests include coins of ancient Greece, dining-out with friends, and the ongoing evolution of the world wide web.
Michael Price is an accomplished author, IT journalist and systems consultant with a wide experience of computing systems ranging from mainframes to personal computers. He's also a successful author with several best-selling In Easy Steps books to his credit.