Windows 10 for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd edition - covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (RRP: £10.99)
Windows 10 in easy steps - Special Edition, 2nd edition (covers the Windows 10 Creators Update) to venture further (RRP: £16.99)
Buy both books together for only £20.00!
See below for details of each book:
By Michael Price
Publication date: November 14th, 2016
Windows 10 for Seniors in easy steps, 2nd Edition is written with older citizens in mind. This best-selling guide uses larger type for easy reading and takes you through the essentials a step at a time. Â It will help you to:
- Install or upgrade to Windows 10, and customize it to suit your needs
- Master the key features of Windows 10 on your Windows device (including PCs, laptops and touch devices)
- Find your way around with the Start button, the Start menu, and the new Taskbar
- Use the Quick Access section - an area you can personalize with your favorite apps, programs, contacts and websites so you can quickly get to the functions and files you use most often
- Search the web with the new Microsoft Edge browser
- Learn about apps, find and download them, then resize and move them and maximize, minimize or close from their titlebars
- Understand how Cloud storage with OneDrive works, and use it for free storage and sharing files
- Talk to Cortana, the voice-activated Personal Digital Assistant which can perform searches on your computer or the web, perform actions like opening apps or documents, or set reminders and more
This guide is filled with tips and shortcuts to help you get the most out of Windows 10, whatever your level of experience and whichever type of PC system you are using.
Covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, released August 2016
About the author
Michael Price is an accomplished author, IT journalist and systems consultant with a wide experience of computing systems ranging from mainframes to personal computers. He's also a successful author with several best-selling In Easy Steps books to his credit.
By Michael Price
Publication date: June 30th, 2017
About the book
Windows 10 in easy steps - Special Edition, 2nd Edition is a comprehensive, yet concise guide that will walk you through Windows 10 basics so that you're up and running in no time. Then, in easy steps, it'll gently guide you through advanced features to help you venture further and get more from Windows 10.
- Install/upgrade the right Windows 10 release for you
- Master the new interface, desktop and the Start menu
- Learn to use the great new features in the Creators Update, including 3D and mixed reality, game broadcasting, connecting to people faster, and much more
- Find, download and use key apps for work and for fun
- Utilize internet and cloud facilities such as OneDrive
- Enjoy Microsoft Edge, the new innovative web browser
- Take control of your devices and printers
- Save time – use the Search feature and Cortana
- Create and monitor your home network
- Organize and share your files safely
- Keep your Windows 10 working smoothly & efficiently
- Explore Windows Registry, file encryption, PowerShell, and more, all at your own pace
This guide also includes a chapter on troubleshooting so it'll serve as a key reference point for the future– a great investment for all Windows 10 users!
Some of the great new features that feature in this second edition of Windows 10 in easy steps - Special Edition are:
- NEW - Paint 3D application to work with and create 3D models
- NEW - My People feature to prioritize sharing
- Edge web browser gets tab previews and blocks Flash by default
- Cortana digital assistant is extended to understand more commands
- Mail app is much improved with better options and performance
- Windows Update gets options to provide more control
- Privacy Settings gets options to provide more control
- PowerShell is now the default shell instead of Command Prompt
- Settings are extended and now favored over Control Panel
- Action Center gets improvements for better control
About the author
Mike McGrath now lives in South-east Europe, on the sun-kissed shores of the Aegean Sea. Mike gained his extensive knowledge of computer languages while working as a developer contracting to companies around the world. His interests include coins of ancient Greece, dining-out with friends, and the ongoing evolution of the world wide web.