Windows 10 for Seniors in easy steps 3rd edition (RRP: £10.99)
Windows 10 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps 2nd edition (RRP: £10.99)
Buy both books together for only £15.00!
See below for details of each book:
Windows 10 for Seniors in easy steps 3rd edition
By Michael Price
Publication date: July 25th, 2018
About the book
Windows 10 for Seniors in easy steps, 3rd edition is written with older citizens in mind. This best-selling guide uses larger type for easy reading and takes you through the essentials a step at a time. It will help you to:
- Install or upgrade to Windows 10, and customize it to suit your needs
- Master the key features of Windows 10 on your Windows device (including PCs, laptops and touch devices)
- Find your way around with the Start button, the Start menu, and the new Taskbar
- Use the Quick Access section - an area you can personalize with your favorite apps, programs, contacts and websites so you can quickly get to the functions and files you use most often
- Search the web with the Microsoft Edge browser
- Learn about apps, find and download them, then resize and move them and maximize, minimize or close from their titlebars
- Understand how Cloud storage with OneDrive works, and use it for free storage and sharing files
- Talk to Cortana, the voice-activated Personal Digital Assistant which can perform searches on your computer or the web, perform actions like opening apps or documents, or set reminders and more
This guide is filled with tips and shortcuts to help you get the most out of Windows 10, whatever your level of experience and whichever type of PC system you are using.
Covers the April 2018 Update, released April 30th, 2018.
About the author
Michael Price is an accomplished author, IT journalist and systems consultant with a wide experience of computing systems ranging from mainframes to personal computers. He's also a successful author with several best-selling In Easy Steps books to his credit.
Windows 10 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps, 2nd edition - covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
By Mike McGrath
Publication date: October 6th, 2016
About the book
Oh, so that's how you do it! Over 1000 useful tricks of the trade to make Windows work more efficiently for you, all revealed in this book.
Windows 10 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps, 2nd Edition has been updated to cover the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (released August 2nd, 2016).
You will learn how to:
- Customize the interface to suit your needs
- Boost your PC’s performance with simple tweaks
- Quicken Startup and Shutdown times
- Save time by keeping your files organized
- Keep your hard drive lean
- Quickly repair Windows 10
- Give your PC a free tune-up
- Keep net browsing safe, private and efficient
- Keep tabs on other users’ activities
- Guard your PC against viruses and prying eyes
- Use a PC to build a home entertainment center
With keyboard shortcuts throughout to help you save time, this popular guide is a great investment for all Windows 10 users!
About the author
Mike McGrath now lives in South-east Europe, on the sun-kissed shores of the Aegean Sea. Mike gained his extensive knowledge of computer languages while working as a developer contracting to companies around the world. His interests include coins of ancient Greece, dining-out with friends, and the ongoing evolution of the world wide web.