By Michael Price & Stuart Yarnold
(+VAT where applicable)
Publication date: July 18th, 2014
Information about In Easy Steps ebooks and PDFs, terms and conditions - please read before purchasing
About the book
Windows 8.1 in easy steps – Special Edition is a comprehensive, yet concise guide that will walk you through Windows 8.1 basics so that you'll be up and running in no time. Then, step-by-step, it covers the key advanced features to help you become a Windows 8.1 guru at your own pace:
- Install the right Windows 8.1 release for your needs
- Master the interface, desktop, taskbar and key apps
- Have fun with photos, music, games and movies apps
- Utilize internet and cloud facilities such as OneDrive
- Organize and share your files safely
- Take control of your devices and printers
- Save time by using the sophisticated Search facility
- Create and monitor your home network
- Explore Windows Registry
- Keep your Windows 8.1 working smoothly & efficiently
Written in the familiar In Easy Steps style, this guide serves as your key reference point to take full advantage of Windows 8.1.
About the author
Michael Price is an accomplished author, IT journalist and systems consultant with a wide experience of computing systems ranging from mainframes to personal computers. He's also a successful author with several best-selling In Easy Steps books to his credit.
Stuart Yarnold is an electronics engineer who has been working in the industry since leaving college. Originally a marine radio & radar troubleshooter, he now devotes much of his time to playing poker professionally and can usually be found lurking in one of the online poker rooms. Stuart lives near Cambridge with his wife Pauline and his two staffordshire bull terriers - Jim and George. His hobbies include woodworking and marathon running.