By Stuart Yarnold
Publication date: May 16th, 2014
About the book
Find out how to get more out of Windows 8.1. Windows 8.1 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps reveals more than 800 useful tweaks and secrets that’ll help you to run your PC more efficiently. Learn how to:
- Customize the interface to suit your needs
- Boost your PC’s performance with simple tweaks
- Quicken Startup and Shutdown times
- Save time by keeping your files organized
- Keep your hard drive lean
- Quickly repair Windows 8.1
- Give your PC a free tune-up
- Keep net browsing safe, private and efficient
- Keep tabs on other users’ activities
- Guard your PC against viruses and prying eyes
- Use a PC to build a home entertainment center
With keyboard shortcuts throughout to help you save time, this guide covers both Windows 8.1 Update 1 and Windows RT 8.1 Update 1 – a handy reference guide for all Windows users!
About the author
Stuart Yarnold is an electronics engineer who has been working in the industry since leaving college. Originally a marine radio & radar troubleshooter, he now devotes much of his time to playing poker professionally and can usually be found lurking in one of the online poker rooms.
Stuart lives near Cambridge with his wife Pauline and his two staffordshire bull terriers - Jim and George. His hobbies include woodworking and marathon running.
Buy direct from us: