WordPress in easy steps (RRP £10.99)
Web Design in easy steps, 6th edition (RRP £12.99)
Buy both together for only £17!
See below for details about each book:
By Darryl Bartlett
Publication date: March 27th, 2015
About the book
WordPress in easy steps
WordPress is the most popular CMS (Content Management System) and is a fantastic tool for blogs and building websites. It is used by over 50% of the 100 top world blogs, and there are estimated to be over 69 million WordPress websites (as of late 2013).
Many bloggers/web developers are turning to WordPress to create great websites. It has the ability for people of a non-technical background to create their own website/blog in easy steps, all the way up to advanced web developers to create stunning professional designs. There are over 100,000 new WordPress websites created every day. It is becoming a lot easier to build websites thanks to this fantastic platform.
WordPress in easy steps guides you through:
- Setting Up WordPress
- Working with the Dashboard
- Creating Site Content
- Adding Media
- Appearance and Themes
- Adding Plugins
- Setting up Users and Privileges
- Tools and Settings
- WordPress Tricks
WordPress in easy steps is for:
- Bloggers/Hobbyist web designers, or anybody out there looking to design a website who doesn’t want to learn technical language, or bloggers looking for a great platform to work with.
- Web Developers: A lot of professional web design companies are using WordPress to build their websites for clients because it provides a great content management system so that the end user can add their own content once development is complete.
- Anybody who has had a WordPress website built for them and wants a handy reference book to help them update their own website without having to keep going back to the developer.
Covers WordPress 4.
About the author
Darryl Bartlett has a wide experience in the world of web design and development especially using the WordPress platform. He first got into Web Development during his studies at West Suffolk College building basic websites using HTML. He has since gone on to build his skill set and worked with top companies like Fellowship Productions, Printing.com and Jagex. He also builds websites for local businesses on a freelance basis, and works on apps for various platforms.
By Sean McManus
Publication date: February 5th, 2014
About the book
There are literally millions of websites on the Internet, but most are ugly and ineffective. So how do you create a site that looks good and makes money?
Web Design in easy steps, now in its sixth edition, reveals the key principles of good web design. It guides you through the process of creating a website, from planning to search engine promotion. Learn:
- The fundamentals of professional web page layout and create content that’ll get your message across.
- All about effective navigation to make your website easy to use so your visitors stay longer.
- The techniques to make your website attractive for all and ensure it works on different devices.
- Ecommerce and social media basics to open your online shop, and start marketing it!
Avoid creating another ineffective website on the net. Use Web Design in easy steps to create a successful site that looks good and achieves its purpose.
Please note: in Step 1 on page 120, the reference to page 103 should refer to page 101.
About the author
Sean McManus has been writing about business and technology for over ten years. He has written for magazines including Making Music, Melody Maker, Internet Magazine, Personal Computer World, Internet Works, Marketing Week, Start & Run Your Business, and Business 2.0.