Get the most out of the camera on your smartphone - covers iPhones and Android phones
By Nick Vandome
Published: March 13th, 2020
About the book
Smartphone cameras have evolved from being useful for taking quick snapshots, to being powerful and sophisticated devices that, for many people, have replaced the need to use a separate camera. It is now possible to take high-quality photos, edit them and then share them in a variety of ways, all from your smartphone.
Smartphone Photography in easy steps looks at all aspects of using your smartphone or tablet as a one-stop shop for all of your photographic needs. These include:
- Showing the functions and controls of smartphone cameras, so that you get the most of the available options.
- Using basic techniques so that you can feel confident using your smartphone camera in any photographic situation.
- Showing how to get the best compositions for your photos.
- Looking at lighting conditions to help take your photos to the next level.
- Becoming a portrait expert when taking photos of family and friends.
- Getting the best photos of the environment around you, including buildings and landscapes.
- Looking at the range of photo editing apps that are available for editing photos on smartphones and tablets.
- Showing the basic editing tips to improve your photos in a few taps.
- Detailing the range of options for improving the exposure and colours in your photos.
- Using creative techniques to give your photos a sense of fun and style.
- Showing how to share your photos in a variety of ways, such as directly to social media sites, and also printing them out at home with wireless printing.
Smartphone Photography in easy steps reveals the exciting world of taking photos with your smartphone, and shows how to enhance them so that you can create memories of which you can be proud.
Table of Contents
- The Changing Face of Photography
- Photo-Taking Basics
- Composition and Light
- People and Portraits
- Buildings and Landscapes
- Using Editing Apps
- Editing Basics
- Color Editing
- Making Selections
- Creative Effects
- Sharing and Printing
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Buy direct from us: