By Nick Vandome
Publication: September 19, 2011
Click here to view sample pages and Table of Contents
About the book
With the growing popularity of Macs the time has never been better to introduce the power of OS X Lion into your computing life: once you have done it you will be the proud owner of the most exciting and state of the art operating system on the market. And, with a copy of Mac OS X Lion in easy steps by your side, you'll simply stride through to mastering the essentials of this new environment!
With Mac OS X Lion in easy steps, you'll be able to unleash this powerful operating system and have it up and running in no time. In clear, accessible language, the book introduces you to the OS X environment and teaches you about the user interface. With these basics mastered, this full-colour, fully illustrated guide opens the gateway to the foundations of Lion: the Dock and the Finder.
But it is the changes to OS X Lion that really announces it as an operating system that has been designed for the fast moving times in which we live.
Learn how to:
• get more out of Computer apps in your everyday life.
• use the Launchpad function, where you can manage all of your applications, whether it is the ones on your Mac, or new ones you have downloaded.
• master the increased functionality in terms of moving around your screen, using techniques taken straight from the iPad.
• utilise the new Resume function so you can get back to work quicker.
• take advantage of Auto Save, Versions comparison and Air Drop, which enables you to send files to anyone within wireless range.
Covers version 10.7
Table of Contents
Getting Up and Running
Navigating in Lion
OS X Lion Apps
Internet and Email
Sharing OS X
Maintaining OS X
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Reader review from Amazon.co.uk
"This does exactly want it says on the tin and takes you step by step through the various functions within Lion."
Learn Mac OS X Lion basics for free!
Click on the links below for free PDFs to get you started while you wait for your book to arrive:
Buy direct from us: