For Mac newbies, and those upgrading. Learn to use the Finder, personalize your Desktop, and use Siri to carry out tasks for you. Get to grips with the built-in apps, iCloud and Family Sharing – and more!
Publication: December 19th, 2018
About the book
macOS is the operating system at the heart of Mac computers. The latest version, macOS Mojave, builds on some of the innovative functions and level of performance that were introduced with the previous version, macOS High Sierra, to provide a stylish, effective and powerful operating system for your Mac desktop or laptop computer.
macOS Mojave in easy steps opens up by explaining the foundations of macOS: the Dock and the Finder. Then, it reveals a raft of ways in which you can make the most of macOS Mojave:
- Multi-Touch navigation options for getting around in macOS Mojave.
- Working with and managing your apps.
- Productivity options on your Mac.
- Getting online with Safari, Mail, Messages and FaceTime.
- Managing your digital lifestyle for photos, music, video, books and games.
- The invaluable iCloud online function for backing up, sharing and continuing from different devices.
- Using Siri, Dynamic Desktop and Dark Mode to make things even easier.
- Keeping your Mac working smoothly.
There is also a chapter on troubleshooting and keeping macOS Mojave in tiptop shape.
Get more out of your Mac, Mac mini, Mac Pro or MacBook with minimum time and effort!
Covers macOS Mojave, released September 2018.
Table of Contents:
- Introducing macOS Mojave
- Getting Up and Running
- Navigating in macOS Mojave
- macOS Mojave Apps
- Getting Productive
- Internet and Email
- Digital Lifestyle
- Sharing macOS
- Maintaining macOS
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Buy direct from us: