Get to grips with your new MacBook quickly, in easy steps. Learn the basics first: the Mac Desktop, the Dock, the Finder, and how to use the new Touch Bar – then explore the great features of this popular Apple laptop.
Covers macOS High Sierra
FREE Mac mouse mat included (worth £5.00)!
Publication: January 31st, 2018
About the book
The MacBook is one of the most iconic devices of its kind and continues to develop as a stylish and powerful laptop computer. The MacBook now comes with the latest Apple operating system, macOS High Sierra, bringing an increased range of features and functionality. MacBook in easy steps, now in its 6th edition, gives a full rundown about using a MacBook and making the most of macOS High Sierra:
- Demystifies Mac jargon and MacBook versions
- Explains the Dock, Desktop and the Finder
- Introduces the new Touch Bar (available on some models)
- Shows how to use Family Sharing with other family members
- Covers iCloud and the iCloud Drive for backing up and sharing files
- Details getting started with macOS High Sierra
- Covers new features of macOS High Sierra
- Shows how to customize your MacBook
- Demonstrates the Launchpad for viewing apps
- Reveals all about finding and obtaining apps
- Addresses battery issues and security
- Covers using MacBook for work and for leisure
MacBook in easy steps, 6th Edition also covers the new features in the macOS High Sierra operating system, which include:
- Internal enhancements designed to make your MacBook more responsive and efficient.
- An improved file system, designed to meet modern computing needs.
- An enhanced graphics processor for the best graphics on a MacBook yet.
- Support for a wide range of virtual reality options.
- Enhancements to exists apps, including Photos, Safari, Siri, Mail, FaceTime and Notes.
Use this guide to accelerate your learning and take control of your new MacBook!
Covers macOS High Sierra (OS X 10.13), released Autumn 2017.
- Introducing MacBooks
- Around a MacBook
- Introducing High Sierra
- Getting Up and Running
- Navigating in High Sierra
- Working with Apps
- Sharing High Sierra
- MacBook Networking
- MacBook Mobility
- Battery Issues
- MacBook Maintenance
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Offer includes FREE Mac mouse mat while stocks last - see here for product details.