MacBook in easy steps, 6th edition
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 4th edition
RRP £10.99 each - buy both books together for only £15.00!
See below for details about each book:
Publication: January 2018
About the book
The MacBook is one of the most iconic devices of its kind and continues to develop as a stylish and powerful laptop computer. The MacBook now comes with the latest Apple operating system, macOS High Sierra, bringing an increased range of features and functionality. MacBook in easy steps, now in its 6th edition, gives a full rundown about using a MacBook and making the most of macOS High Sierra:
- Demystifies Mac jargon and MacBook versions
- Explains the Dock, Desktop and the Finder
- Introduces the new Touch Bar (available on some models)
- Shows how to use Family Sharing with other family members
- Covers iCloud and the iCloud Drive for backing up and sharing files
- Details getting started with macOS High Sierra
- Covers new features of macOS High Sierra
- Shows how to customize your MacBook
- Demonstrates the Launchpad for viewing apps
- Reveals all about finding and obtaining apps
- Addresses battery issues and security
- Covers using MacBook for work and for leisure
MacBook in easy steps, 6th Edition also covers the new features in the macOS High Sierra operating system, which include:
- Internal enhancements designed to make your MacBook more responsive and efficient.
- An improved file system, designed to meet modern computing needs.
- An enhanced graphics processor for the best graphics on a MacBook yet.
- Support for a wide range of virtual reality options.
- Enhancements to exists apps, including Photos, Safari, Siri, Mail, FaceTime and Notes.
Use this guide to accelerate your learning and take control of your new MacBook!
Covers macOS High Sierra (OS X 10.13), released Autumn 2017.
Publication: November 2nd, 2017
About the book
In full colour and straightforward, jargon-free language, iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 4th edition, gives you all the information you need to get up and running with your new iPhone and quickly feel you are in control of it.
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 4th edition covers everything you need to know to keep fully connected. With your iPhone in your pocket you are only ever a couple of taps away from friends and family. Learn how to:
- Make and receive phone calls
- Text with the Messages app, including a variety of new fun features
- Make video calls with FaceTime
- Set up and use email accounts
- Use Settings to customise your iPhone exactly to your style and requirement
- Use Apple Pay on your iPhone to pay securely – no need to carry your wallet all the time
- Master the newly designed Control Center
- Explore the entire iTunes Music library, share music, videos, apps, calendars and photos with family members – stay in the loop with children and grandchildren!
Apps are at the heart of the iPhone and iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 4th edition gives a comprehensive introduction to using the preinstalled apps. It then shows how to find and download apps from the Apple App Store for:
- Going on vacation
- Online shopping
- Social networking
- Music and videos
- Keeping up-to-date with everyday tasks, through the use of the Notes, Calendar, Contacts and Reminders apps
- Health and wellbeing, using the Health app that is designed to collate a range of health and fitness information
An in-depth chapter on iCloud, Apple's online storage, sharing and backup service, explains how iCloud works and shows how it can automatically store your data and share your photos so you don’t have to worry about losing information should anything happen to your iPhone.
This 4th edition of this popular title is updated to cover the latest operating system, iOS 11, and its array of new features. It is illustrated using the iPhone 8, but is suitable for all iPhones with iOS 11. It is written in larger type, for easier reading, and with the Senior reader in mind. Some of the enhancements to iOS 11 include:
- The enhancements to the Dock
- The newly designed App Switcher and Control Center
- A new camera on the iPhone 8
- The improvements to multitasking to improve productivity, including Drag and Drop capabilities
- The new File app for organizing and accessing documents
- The newly designed virtual keyboard for streamlining text and data input
- The newly designed App Store
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 4th edition takes the mystery out of using your iPhone and shows how it can become your most useful digital companion, ready to help keep you in touch, up-to-date and entertained.
Covers iOS 11 - released September 2017