Reminders can be set for Alexa, so that they are announced at specific times – either daily or weekly. This is an excellent way to be kept reminded about a range of tasks, including:
- Taking regular medication
- GP and hospital appointments
- Paying bills
- Birthdays (reminders to send cards and buy presents)
- Putting out the bins/recycling ready for collection
- TV programs/shows you don’t want to miss
- And lots more!
Reminders can be accessed and created in the Alexa app:
1) Open the Alexa app
2) Tap on the Menu button.
3) Tap on the Reminders & Alarms button.
4) Tap on the Reminders tab.
5) Tap on the Add Reminder button.
The template for the reminder contains fields for adding the required content:
6) Tap in the What is this reminder for? section and enter the name for the reminder. This will be used by Alexa when the reminder is due.
7) Work through each section of the Add Reminder screen, entering your preferences, and when you’ve finished click the Save button.
Get more tips like this in Alexa for Seniors in easy steps.
By Nick Vandome