The iPhone EarPods are not only an excellent way to listen to music and other audio on your iPhone; they can also be used in a variety of ways with the phone function.
The EarPods contain three main controls:
- Plug in the EarPods to use them to hear someone who is calling you. Speak normally, and the other person will be able to hear you via the EarPods’ in-built microphone.
- Click once in the middle of the control button to answer an incoming call.
- Press and hold in the middle of the control button for a couple of seconds (until you hear two beeps) to decline an incoming call.
- Click once in the middle of the control button to end the current call.
- If you are on a call and receive another one, click once in the middle of the control button to put the first call on hold and activate the second call.
- Press and hold in the middle of the control button to dial a number using Voice Control, whereby you can speak the required number.
- Click on the control button when playing a music track to pause it. Click again to restart it. Double-click on the control button to move to the next track. Triple-click on the control button to move back to the previous track.
Find more tips on how to get the best use out of your iPhone, in:
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 8th edition
Covers all iPhones with iOS 15
By Nick Vandome