Did you get a new iPhone for Christmas? Have you set up Face ID yet? If not, here’s how…
1) Open the Settings app and select Face ID & Passcode.
2) Tap once on the Set Up Face ID button.
3) Position your face in the centre of the circle that accesses the iPhone’s camera. Move your head slowly in a circle so that the camera can record all elements of your face.
4) Tap once on the Continue button after the first scan. A second scan will be done to complete the process.
5) Tap once on the Done button to finish the Face ID setup process.
As well as unlocking your phone, Face ID can be used for contactless purchases for Apple Pay and purchases in the iTunes and App Store. Drag the buttons On as required under the Use Face ID For: heading in the Face ID & Passcode settings.
Find more tips like this in iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 8th edition – covers all iPhones with iOS 15
By: Nick Vandome