Apple released iPadOS 15 (a new version of the iPad operating system) yesterday! We’re currently updating our popular title iPad for Seniors in easy steps to cover this update. Some of the new features in iPadOS 15 that we’ll be covering include:
- Home screen widgets. The iPad Home screen now includes a range of customizable widgets that can be used to display your most frequently accessed items.
- Multitasking. The multitasking options on the iPad have been expanded and simplified with iPadOS 15, including multitasking buttons on every screen that are used to access the multitasking options.
- App Library. The App Library is included for the first time, after it was first introduced on the iPhone. This provides access to all of the apps on the iPad.
- Quick Notes. The Notes app now includes a Quick Notes options, where notes can be created from any screen and then saved in the Notes app.
- FaceTime. FaceTime has been given an extensive overhaul and now includes options for sharing movies and music with other people on a FaceTime call, and also for sharing your screen on a call.
- Focus. The Focus option can be used to set conditions to limit the number of notifications you receive when you are performing specific tasks.
- iCloud+. The online storage facility, iCloud, has been updated with iCloud+, to give even more options.
- Enhanced apps. iPadOS 15 has enhanced versions of Safari, Messages and Maps.
To update the version of iPadOS on your iPad, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
Find more details about the book and choose to be notified when it’s available here.
iPad for Seniors in easy steps, 11th edition
Due October 2021