New iPhone and iPad models were among the announcements made at Apple’s September event this week:
iPhone 11 Pro – with a new triple-camera system and up to five hours more battery life.
iPhone 11 – with a new dual camera, an all-day battery, and tougher glass screen.
New iPad – with a larger 10.2-inch Retina display, support for the full-size Smart Keyboard and new capabilities of iPadOS.
iOS 13 – the latest operating system for iPhone and iPad, with new Dark Mode and enhancements to the camera, Photos, Maps, Siri and privacy and security.
Find out more about the rest of the announcements at the Apple Event here.
Keep your eye out for our new forthcoming titles, which cover all iPhones and iPads with iOS 13 (or click on the “Please let me know…” link on each book’s product page to be notified by email when the book is available to buy!) – perfect if you’ll be getting or buying a new iPhone or iPad for Christmas!:
iPad for Seniors in easy steps, 9th edition – due October 2019
- Choose the right model for you
- Navigate around with Multi-Touch gestures
- Master Settings and apps to stay organized
- Find, download and explore exciting apps
- Use your iPad to make travelling stress-free
- Email, share photos and video chat for free
- Access and share your music, books and videos
- Stay in touch with family members
- Access your documents from anywhere
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 6th edition – due November 2019
- Make and receive phone calls
- Text with the Messages app, including a variety of new fun features
- Make video calls with FaceTime
- Set up and use email accounts
- Use Settings to customise your iPhone exactly to your style and requirement
- Use Apple Pay on your iPhone to pay securely – no need to carry your wallet all the time
- Master the newly designed Control Center
- Explore the entire iTunes Music library, share music, videos, apps, calendars and photos with family members – stay in the loop with children and grandchildren!