Make the time you spend at work really effective so you can have more free time outside work, and the energy to enjoy it!
View or download first chapter and Table of Contents – FREE!
Are you struggling to stay afloat in a sea of paperwork, emails, meetings and an ever-growing to-do list? Are you working longer and longer hours in a vain attempt to catch up and, any time you do, they drop another pile of work on you? Don’t worry, you are not alone and help is at hand.
You don’t need work to longer hours or even harder, you need to work smarter by making the time you spend at work really effective. You can do it and you will be amazed at how much more you can get done when you optimize your time. Effective Time Management in easy steps will show you how, not just by working more effectively now but also how to plan your future career. And you’ll have more free time outside work plus the energy to enjoy it.
This book will show you, in easy steps, how to:
- Understand what you spend your time on now and how much of it is wasted
- Identify your long-term goals and plan how to get there
- Identify the things that really matter and prioritize them
- How to use your time most effectively and organize your work
- Understand how to read, write, use the ‘phone and manage emails effectively
- Learn how to say No and deal with interruptions
- Make meetings more effective
- Make the most out of home working
- Reduce stress and make the most out of life
- Develop your own personal action plan
About the author
John Carroll is a project management consultant with many years’ experience of managing large and small projects, programs and portfolios. Now based in South West England, he has run projects and programs across Europe and the United States. His experience covers most types of organisations including government, higher education, manufacturing industries, pharmaceuticals, software development and the emergency services. He has worked on most types of projects and trained project managers in many different organisations.
John is also the author of Effective Project Management in easy steps, Agile Project Management in easy steps and all editions of (MS) Project in easy steps.
Freely download the resources for this book from our Downloads page