Learn to use your new iPhone quickly: Messaging, calls and emails, video calls with FaceTime, use iCloud and Family Sharing, explore the iTunes Music Library and much more
Updated for the forthcoming iOS 15, due Autumn/Fall 2021
By: Nick Vandome
Publication Date: November 2021
Let me know when this book is in stock
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 8th edition is updated for the forthcoming iOS 15, due Autumn/Fall 2021, and is written with the Senior reader in mind and will show you how to:
- Make and receive phone calls
- Text with the Messages app, including a variety of fun features including Animojis and Memojis
- Make video calls with FaceTime
- Set up and use email accounts
- Use Settings to customise your iPhone exactly to your style and requirement
- Use Screen Time to monitor and set limits for using your iPhone.
- Use Apple Pay on your iPhone to pay securely – no need to carry your wallet all the time
- Master the Control Center
- Explore the entire iTunes Music library, share music, videos, apps, calendars and photos with family members – stay in the loop with children and grandchildren!
Apps are at the heart of the iPhone and iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 8th edition gives a comprehensive introduction to using the preinstalled apps. It then shows how to find and download apps from the Apple App Store for:
- Going on vacation
- Online shopping
- Social networking
- Music and videos
- Keeping up-to-date with everyday tasks, through the use of the Notes, Calendar, Contacts and Reminders apps
- Health and wellbeing, using the Health app that is designed to collate a range of health and fitness information
An in-depth chapter on iCloud, Apple’s online storage, sharing and backup service, explains how iCloud works and shows how it can automatically store your data and share your photos so you don’t have to worry about losing information should anything happen to your iPhone.
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 8th edition takes the mystery out of using your iPhone and shows how it can become your most useful digital companion, ready to help keep you in touch, up-to-date and entertained.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specializes in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and traveling abroad.