Learn to use your new iPhone quickly: Messaging, calls and emails, video calls with FaceTime, use iCloud and Family Sharing, explore the iTunes Music Library and much more!
Covers all iPhones with iOS 13
By: Nick Vandome
Publication Date: October 9th, 2019
View or download first chapter and Table of Contents – FREE!
Information about In Easy Steps ebooks and PDFs, terms and conditions – please read before purchasing
Paperback version also available
In full colour and straightforward, jargon-free language, iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 6th edition gives you all the information you need to get up and running with your new iPhone and quickly feel you are in control of it.
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 6th edition covers everything you need to know to keep fully connected. With your iPhone in your pocket you are only ever a couple of taps away from friends and family. Learn how to:
- Make and receive phone calls
- Text with the Messages app, including a variety of new fun features including Animojis and Memojis
- Make video calls with FaceTime
- Set up and use email accounts
- Use Settings to customise your iPhone exactly to your style and requirement
- Use Screen Time to monitor and set limits for using your iPhone.
- Use Apple Pay on your iPhone to pay securely – no need to carry your wallet all the time
- Master the newly designed Control Center
- Explore the entire iTunes Music library, share music, videos, apps, calendars and photos with family members – stay in the loop with children and grandchildren!
Apps are at the heart of the iPhone and iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 6th edition gives a comprehensive introduction to using the preinstalled apps. It then shows how to find and download apps from the Apple App Store for:
- Going on vacation
- Online shopping
- Social networking
- Music and videos
- Keeping up-to-date with everyday tasks, through the use of the Notes, Calendar, Contacts and Reminders apps
- Health and wellbeing, using the Health app that is designed to collate a range of health and fitness information
An in-depth chapter on iCloud, Apple’s online storage, sharing and backup service, explains how iCloud works and shows how it can automatically store your data and share your photos so you don’t have to worry about losing information should anything happen to your iPhone.
This 6th edition of this popular title is written in larger type, for easier reading.
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps, 6th edition takes the mystery out of using your iPhone and shows how it can become your most useful digital companion, ready to help keep you in touch, up-to-date and entertained.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.