Get to grips with your new MacBook quickly, in easy steps. Learn the basics first: the Mac Desktop, the Dock, the Finder, and how to use the new Touch Bar – then explore the great features of this popular Apple laptop.
Covers macOS Sierra, released September 2016.
Publication: January 31st, 2017
ebook (PDF) version also available
About the book
The MacBook is one of the most iconic devices of its kind and continues to develop as a stylish and powerful laptop computer. The MacBook now comes with the latest Apple operating system, macOS Sierra, bringing an increased range of features and functionality. MacBook in easy steps, now in its fifth edition, gives a full rundown about using a MacBook and making the most of macOS Sierra:
- Demystifies Mac jargon and MacBook versions
- Explains the Dock, Desktop and the Finder
- Introduces the new Touch Bar (available on some models)
- Shows how to use Family Sharing with other family members
- Covers iCloud and the iCloud Drive for backing up and sharing files
- Details getting started with macOS Sierra
- Covers new features of macOS Sierra, including the digital voice assistant, Siri
- Shows how to customize your MacBook
- Demonstrates the Launchpad for viewing apps
- Reveals all about finding and obtaining apps
- Addresses battery issues and security
- Covers using MacBook for work and for leisure
Use this guide to accelerate your learning and take control of your new MacBook!
Covers macOS Sierra (OS X 10.12), released September 2016.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
In Easy Steps mouse mat – for Smart Mac users.
Have all those clever shortcuts to hand while you’re using your Apple Mac.
£5.00 (+ VAT where applicable)
Find out more here.
In Easy Steps magnetic bookmark – for Smart Mac users.
- The bookmark has high quality magnets that can clip over multiple pages and stay where you last left it!
- Each bookmark has a front and back view, showing handy Windows shortcuts.
£2.99 (+ VAT where applicable)
Find out more here.
Buy book from Amazon.co.uk
Buy from Amazon.com
No further updates at this time.