Get to grips with your new MacBook quickly, in easy steps. Learn the basics first: the Mac Desktop, the Dock, and the Finder – then explore the great features of this popular Apple laptop. Covers macOS Big Sur.
By: Nick Vandome
Publication Date: December 21st, 2020
View or download first chapter and Table of Contents – FREE!
ebook (PDF) version also available
MacBook in easy steps, now in its seventh edition, illustrates all the clever and powerful features on this iconic device. Covering all MacBook models, it:
- Demystifies Mac jargon and MacBook versions, and will have you up and running in no time.
- Explains the Dock, Desktop, Finder, Launchpad, Touch Bar, and customizing your MacBook.
- Shows how to use and manage the new Control Center of useful widgets.
- Guides you through Safari, Mail, and discovering, downloading and using key apps.
- Covers Siri to vocally command your MacBook.
- Demonstrates the Universal Clipboard to access and continue working with your documents whilst on the move, with any Apple device.
- Reveals how to add other users, and use Family Sharing to share music, movies, books and more.
- Demonstrates iCloud and iCloud Drive, and how to keep your MacBook in tip-top condition!
Ideal for anyone new to the MacBook, including Senior readers.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Review from an Amazon reader:
5 stars Really understandable
Really easy to understand, I have a MacBook Air 13” and it’s perfect for that (and MacBook Pro’s). Visually it looks good and is understandable, I was apprehensive about buying it cause there were no reviews when I was looking but it’s definitely worth buying.