For Mac newbies, and those upgrading. Learn to use the Finder, personalize your Desktop, and use Siri to carry out tasks for you. Get to grips with the built-in apps, iCloud and Family Sharing – and more!
By: Nick Vandome
Publication Date: November 22nd, 2019
View or download first chapter and Table of Contents – FREE!
ebook (PDF) version also available
macOS Catalina in easy steps covers the latest operating system that runs the sophisticated Mac desktop and laptop computers. This concise guide will get you up and running in no time, and then it’ll take you through the key features to help you use your Mac to do more. It covers:
- Multi-Touch navigation options for getting around in macOS Catalina.
- Working with and managing your apps.
- Productivity tools on your Mac.
- Getting online with Safari, Mail and FaceTime.
- Enjoying a digital lifestyle with photos, music, TV shows, books, games, podcasts, and more.
- The invaluable iCloud function for backing up, sharing and continuing from different devices.
- Using Siri, Dynamic Desktop and Dark Mode to make things even easier.
- Keeping your Mac working smoothly.
Get more out of your Mac, Mac mini, Mac Pro or MacBook with minimum time and effort!
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Reviews from Amazon readers:
5 stars Ideal for the non technically minded
An excellent book. I am a senior citizen in my seventies but very mentally alert. I found this book very understanding and the diagrams very clear so that I knew what to look for. An excellent book for the less technically minded but enthusiastic computer user.
5 stars very easy to follow
I am 72 years old my Mac mini is my first ever Mac, This book has been invaluable in helping me understand more about my Mac. I would recommend it to all Mac beginners.