Find your way around OS X El Capitan quickly – for all Mac users (iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini), whether you’re new to the Mac or just upgrading.
Publication: December 15th, 2015
About the book
OS X is the operating system at the heart of Mac computers. The latest version, OS X El Capitan, builds on some of innovative functions and level of performance that were introduced with the previous version, OS X Yosemite, to provide a stylish, effective and powerful operating system for your Mac desktop or laptop computer.
OS X El Capitan in easy steps opens up the gateway to the foundations of OS X: the Dock and the Finder. Then, it reveals a raft of ways in which you can make the most of OS X El Capitan:
- Multi-Touch navigation options for getting around in OS X El Capitan.
- Working with and managing your apps.
- Productivity options on your Mac.
- Getting online with Safari, Mail, Messages and FaceTime.
- Managing your digital lifestyle for photos, music, video, books and games.
- The invaluable iCloud online function for backing up and sharing your files.
There is also a chapter on troubleshooting and keeping your El Capitan in tiptop shape.
OS X El Capitan in easy steps also covers the new features in the operating system, which include:
- Split view functionality, so that you can work with two apps at the same time.
- A streamlined Mission Control function for managing your open apps and Desktop.
- An improved Notes app that can be used to add photos, videos, web page addresses and map details from the Maps app.
- Enhanced Spotlight search functionality that can produce results from an increased number of sources.
- An updated Mail app that can be used in full-screen and supports swipe gestures for managing your Inbox.
- Additional editing options in the Photos app.
- An enhanced Safari app for browsing the web, including an option for pinning your favourite websites so that they are readily available and open in the background.
Whether you’re new to the Mac or just upgrading, use this book to master the essentials and then unleash the power of OS X El Capitan.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Buy from Amazon.com