Everything you need to know to get started playing a ukulele – in easy steps!
View first chapter and Table of Contents – FREE!
Ukulele for Beginners in easy steps shows you everything you need to know to get started playing a ukulele, including:
- Choosing, buying, tuning, and looking after a ukulele.
- Learning chords and how to read chord charts.
- Writing and reading tablature, and basic music reading.
- Strumming patterns and fingerpicking techniques.
- Scales and practising.
- Understanding different musical styles.
- Writing songs.
- How to find a teacher and groups to join to take playing further.
Includes over 30 exercises to develop your playing, and over 40 pieces of music to practice with.
Ideal for the novice musician!
About the author
Lindsay Higgs has gained many years experience teaching guitar and ukulele to a wide range of students, since completing his degree. He has written the ukulele handbooks and syllabus for a new exam board, MTB Exams, and also composed the first ukulele concerto in the UK, which was performed in 2017 with Ben Rouse from the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain as the soloist. Amongst many performances he has recorded with the group Super Furry Animals and his music for guitar ensemble has been performed in Europe, North and South America and Australia. He is currently looking for performers in Antarctica and Asia with the aim of having music performed on every continent.