Ideal for those wanting to get a grip quickly on Windows 10, and to get the most out of it
Covers the April 2018 Update released April 30th, 2018
By: Nick Vandome
Publication Date: May 22nd, 2018
View or download first chapter and Table of Contents – FREE!
Information about In Easy Steps ebooks and PDFs, terms and conditions – please read before purchasing
Paperback version also available
Newer edition available: Windows 10 in easy steps, 5th edition (ebook/PDF)
Windows 10 in easy steps, 4th Edition provides full-color and comprehensive coverage of the latest Windows operating system, and shows how to get the most out of it, whether you are using a desktop computer or a mobile device. It details the new features and shows how these integrate with the more traditional elements of the operating system, including:
- Upgrading to Windows 10 and personalizing it for your needs
- Getting to grips with the Windows 10 interface, navigating with the Start menu, the Start button, and the Taskbar
- Customizing the live tiles feature, so that you can create your own look and feel
- Accessing and downloading apps, and how to work with them and organize them
- Working with files and folders, using OneDrive for free storage and sharing files
- Using Cortana, the Personal Digital Assistant, to search your computer or the web, or to perform actions like opening apps or documents
- Getting online with the web browser, Microsoft Edge, and keeping in touch by email and Skype
- Perfecting photos, viewing movies, playing music and games.
It also covers the new features in the April 2018 Update, including:
- Timeline, which enables you to view all of your open apps as thumbnails, and also carry on working with them on other compatible devices.
- New features in the People app, including being able to drag and drop contacts to and from the Taskbar.
- Using Nearby sharing to share content with nearby devices without having to physically attach them, using Bluetooth.
- Microsoft Edge’s redesigned version of the Hub for viewing items such as Favorites.
- Focus assist allows you to minimize or completely stop notifications when you need to stay focused, and not be interrupted.
Windows 10 is one of the most significant upgrades in Microsoft’s history and Windows 10 in easy steps, 4th Edition is ideal for newbies and for those wanting to quickly grasp the essentials in the April 2018 Update, released April 30th, 2018.
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.