As you become more confident using Windows 10 you may want to access certain items more quickly. There are a range of keyboard shortcuts that can be used to access some of the items you use most frequently.
The majority of the shortcuts are accessed together with the WinKey (Windows key) on the keyboard.
To use the keyboard shortcuts press:
- WinKey to access the Start menu at any time.
- WinKey + L to lock the computer and display the Lock screen.
- WinKey + I to access the Settings app.
- WinKey + K to connect new devices.
- WinKey + Q to access the Search window.
- WinKey + D to access the Desktop.
- WinKey + M to access the Desktop with the active window minimized.
- WinKey + E to access File Explorer, displaying the Quick access section.
- WinKey + T to display the thumbnails on the Desktop Taskbar.
- WinKey + U to access the Ease of Access options in the Settings app.
- WinKey + X to access the Power User menu, which gives you quick access to items including the Desktop and File Explorer.
- Alt + F4 to close a Windows 10 app.
- Ctrl + Shift + Esc to access the Task Manager.
Find out how to get the best use from Windows 10 with one of our bestselling titles:
Windows 10 in easy steps, 5th edition / £10.99 / 240 pages / By Nick Vandome / ISBN: 9781840788921
Windows 10 for Seniors in easy steps, 3rd edition / £10.99 / 240 pages / By Michael Price / ISBN: 9781840788112