For Senior users needing a helping hand to choose a Windows 10 laptop, and then get up and running with it quickly.
Updated for the Windows 10 Creators Update (released April 2017)
Publication: August 9th, 2017
This print edition is now out of print, but the ebook (PDF) version is available.
About the book
Laptops have often been seen as the domain mainly of students and businessmen. However, they are also an excellent option for senior users: their mobility means that they can be used in any location and with the advent of wireless technology they can be used in a variety of public places to surf the Web or keep in touch with family and friends. Laptops for Seniors in easy steps is updated to cover the Windows 10 Creators Update edition (released April 2017), and shows how these portable computers are ideal for seniors.
Laptops for Seniors in easy steps – Windows 10 Creators Update edition, shows how to:
- Choose the right laptop for you, use and personalize the Windows interface to suit you
- Find, download and explore apps for having fun as well as for functional tasks
- Get connected and enjoy Microsoft Edge, Microsoft’s web browser
- Master Cortana and Windows 10 essentials
- Share your laptop without compromising privacy
- Use your laptop to make travel easy and keep your folks at home updated on your adventure
- Learn to troubleshoot common problems and keep your laptop working in tiptop condition
all in easy steps, for smart learning!
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.