Ideal for those wanting to get a grip quickly on Windows 10, and to get the most out of it. Covers the Anniversary Update, released August 2016.
Publication: October 28th, 2016
ebook (PDF) version available
This edition is now out of print, but the 3rd edition is available.
About the book
Covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, released August 2016
Windows 10 in easy steps, 2nd Edition provides full-colour and comprehensive coverage of this new operating system from Microsoft, and shows how to get the most out of it, whether you are using a desktop computer or a mobile device. It details the new features and shows how these integrate with the more traditional elements of the operating system. It covers the new features, and includes:
- Upgrading to Windows 10 and personalising it for your needs
- Getting to grips with the Windows 10 interface, navigating with the Start menu, the Start button, and the Taskbar
- Customising the live tiles feature, so that you can create your own look and feel
- Accessing and downloading apps, and how to work with them and organise them
- Working with files and folders, using OneDrive for free storage and sharing files
- Using Cortana, the Personal Digital Assistant, to search your computer or the web, or to perform actions like opening apps or documents
- Getting online with the new browser, Microsoft Edge, and keeping in touch by email and Skype
- Perfecting photos, viewing movies, playing music and games
Windows 10 is one of the most significant upgrades in Microsoft’s history and Windows 10 in easy steps, 2nd Edition is ideal for newbies and for those wanting to quickly grasp the essentials in the new version.
Covers the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, released August 2016.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Windows 10
- Getting Started
- Working with Apps
- Basic Controls
- Customizing Windows
- File Explorer
- Managing Files and Folders
- Digital Lifestyle
- Microsoft Edge Browser
- Keeping in Touch
- System and Security
About the author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and travelling abroad.
Once you’ve mastered the basics, find out all the special tricks and shortcuts you can use in Windows 10:
Windows 10 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps, 2nd Edition
Or buy both books together for only £15:
Windows 10 IES, 2nd Ed + Windows 10 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts IES, 2nd Ed Set
In Easy Steps mousemat – for Smart Windows PC users.
Have all those clever shortcuts to hand while you’re using your Windows PC.
£5.00 (+ VAT where applicable)
Find out more here.
In Easy Steps magnetic bookmark – for Smart Windows PC users.
- The bookmark has high quality magnets that can clip over multiple pages and stay where you last left it!
- Each bookmark has a front and back view, showing handy Windows shortcuts.
£2.99 (+ VAT where applicable)
Find out more here.
Buy book from Amazon.co.uk
Buy from Amazon.com
No further updates at this time.