Are you getting bombarded with notifications on your Mac/iMac/MacBook? Or missing things you need to see notifications for? We’ll show you how to change the settings so you can get the notifications you really need:
1) Open System Preferences and click on the Notifications & Focus button.
2) Items that will appear in the Notification Center are listed. Click on an item to select it and set its notification options.
3) To disable an item so that it does not appear in the Notification Center, select it as above and check Off the Show in Notification Center box.
The way notifications appear can also be determined in System Preferences:
- Select a Banner alert that comes up on the screen and then disappears after a few seconds.
- The Alerts option shows the notification, and it stays on screen until dismissed (such as this one for Reminders).
Click on the clock in the top right-hand corner of the screen to view all the items in the Notification Center. Click on it again to hide the Notification Center.
Notifications that have been set up in System Preferences appear at the top of the Notification Center.
The Notification Center can also be displayed using a trackpad or Magic Trackpad by dragging with three fingers from right to left, starting from the far-right edge.
Get more tips like this in macOS Monterey in easy steps
By: Nick Vandome