Agile Time Management in easy steps brings an agile approach to the management of time itself. It takes the best concepts and methods of the agile approach and applies them to time management in its broadest sense.
View or download first chapter and Table of Contents – FREE!
Time needs to be managed, not just on agile projects, but in business and in life in general, so Agile Time Management in easy steps takes the best concepts and methods of the agile approach and applies them to time management in its broadest sense.
What Agile Time Management can do for you:
- Change the way you view time itself and how best to use it.
- Recognize that demands on your time will always exceed the amount of time you have available.
- Shows you how to deal with the conflicting interests life throws at you.
- Put you in control of your life.
- Improve your personal productivity and effectiveness.
- Spend more time on the things that really matter to you.
- Make the most of every minute, hour, day, week, and year of your life.
- Give you a simple system for achieving meaningful results.
- Achieve a proper work-life balance.
- Stop worrying about the future and get on with the present.
- Show you how to become a happier person.
About the author
John Carroll is a project management consultant with many years’ experience of managing large and small projects, programs and portfolios. Now based in South West England, he has run projects and programs across Europe and the United States. His experience covers most types of organisations including government, higher education, manufacturing industries, pharmaceuticals, software development and the emergency services. He has worked on most types of projects and trained project managers in many different organisations. John is also the author of Effective Project Management in easy steps, Effective Time Management in easy steps, the first two editions of Agile Project Management in easy steps, Earned Value Management in easy steps, and all editions of (MS) Project in easy steps.
- Effective Time Management in easy steps was published by the author in 2012, setting out a proven approach to implementing the then widely accepted time management best practices. Since that time there has been a significant rise in the popularity of agile methodology
- Agile projects have to be managed, and their project management evolved using SCRUM and other agile techniques into agile project management. The author also first published Agile Project Management in easy steps in 2012 to cover this development. The latest (3rd) edition was published in October 2022. Scrum in easy steps and Earned Value Management in easy steps cover these subjects.
- The author has been practicing, teaching, and writing about project and time management for over 30 years but has always been a little uncomfortable with some of the historical perceived wisdoms and approaches to the subject of time management. Having already embraced agile development and agile project management, he believes it is now time to bring an agile approach to the management of time itself.