Create stunning websites using WordPress, without having to learn programming. For anyone who may not be technically-minded but wants an affordable website for business or for blogging
Updated for WordPress 5
By: Darryl Bartlett
Publication Date: July 31st, 2019
View first chapter and Table of Contents – FREE!
ebook (PDF) version also available
WordPress is the most popular CMS (Content Management System) and is a fantastic tool for blogs and building websites. It is used by over 50% of the 100 top world blogs, and there are estimated to be over 75 million WordPress websites.
Many bloggers/web developers are turning to WordPress to create great websites. It has the ability for people of a non-technical background to create their own website/blog in easy steps, all the way up to advanced web developers to create stunning professional designs. There are over 100,000 new WordPress websites created every day. It is becoming a lot easier to build websites thanks to this fantastic platform.
WordPress in easy steps, 2nd edition guides you through:
- Setting Up WordPress
- Working with the Dashboard
- Creating Site Content
- Adding Media
- Appearance and Themes
- Adding Plugins
- Setting up Users and Privileges
- Tools and Settings
- WordPress Tricks
WordPress in easy steps, 2nd edition is for:
- Bloggers/Hobbyist web designers, or anybody out there looking to design a website who doesn’t want to learn technical language, or bloggers looking for a great platform to work with.
- Web Developers: A lot of professional web design companies are using WordPress to build their websites for clients because it provides a great content management system so that the end user can add their own content once development is complete.
- Anybody who has had a WordPress website built for them and wants a handy reference book to help them update their own website without having to keep going back to the developer.
About the author
Darryl Bartlett has a wide experience in the world of web design and development especially using the WordPress platform. He first got into Web Development during his studies at West Suffolk College building basic websites using HTML. He has since gone on to build his skill set and worked with top companies like Fellowship Productions, Printing.com and Jagex. He also builds websites for local businesses on a freelance basis, and works on apps for various platforms.
Freely download the original source code for checking against your own work from our Downloads page
Review from an Amazon reader:
5 stars Great book for getting your head around WordPress
This book has been an incredible resource for developing my own website and understanding of WordPress. I used to rely on the premium plan from WordPress.com, but this book has given me the tools to take the jump and start building and managing my own site. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a clear, well-laid out guide to WordPress.